Clad in a pair of expensive denims that look more like a hand me down from the poorest beggar in the city, torn from every possible angle and hanging loose off the waist. Accompanied is a branded freshly crumpled blue shirt with the messiest set of hair. You watch them closely; you might be tempted to believe they are humans. But the futuristic device possessed in their hand makes you believe another story. They seem like aliens on this planet earth, rather unfriendly aliens. They share a deep bond of Fevikwik with the shiny piece of metal that lies cradled in their hands.
They laugh, frown, smile, cry and glare at the face of the device held in their hands. You look worried what if he looks up and is blinded by the sun shining on him! Curiosity gets the best of you, you shift a table closer and sneakily peep into the handset and what flashes in your eyes leaves you stunned and shocked. Just another teenager wasting his time on another social networking site!
What’s on your mind?
These addicts come in various sizes and shapes. From the photo crazy maniacs to the status updaters. They begin the day with a good morning status to the check in at the bathroom, then showcasing their college look followed by the constant chatting via messenger and the day or rather night ends with sowing seeds on their virtual farm or killing zombies. Their life and death depends on Facebook. If given the option, they would attend lectures and give exams on Facebook as well.
Once those that have lived past the Facebook life shift their focus on expressing life the 140 character way.
Maid chose to take an off on Sunday #Annoying #Sunday #NoFun
Need to study for tomorrow’s test #College #Test #Bored #Studying
Just bought Puchu a new collar #Puchu #Puppy #NewCollar #Love #MyBaby
Are you too a victim of these increasingly stupid tweets? Or do you get tweets that outdo these.
Capture it ‘Insta’ntly !
Click! Click! Click! At the restaurant, at the beach, In College, in the garden and sometimes even the bathroom! A photography hobby gone wrong seems the case here. Every other thing that comes in sight of these photo crazy guys is the next picture showing on Instagram. They eat, drink and sleep less and click more pictures from every angle possible.
Back to school, eh?
Every day brings new options; new options of connecting with people virtually. We have come a long way from pigeons to twitter but there still stand some people who are comfortably numb with age old methods. There is still that one antique friend we who scraps us on Orkut and believes in exchanging emails the old fashioned way.
Dumber than the ‘Smart Phone’
Amidst all this social media craziness, stand out those that are addicted to the wonders of Android and BlackBerry. They never have a last seen on WhatsApp because they are always online exchanging information that is as useless as the pin pneumonia! Or you might bump into the BBM addicts who change their profile picture with every breath they take. And you can’t forget those that keep talking to their phones… Oh wait, that’s just WeChat!
Enjoy the show
With 98% of the population busy bowing down to the wonders of technology, the other 2% encapsulates the mime artists silently enjoying the show. They don’t go out to the movies or watch TV anymore because there is enough drama happening on every tab of their laptop. The laughter riot they enjoy over the pathetic attempt of people trying to gain attention is endless!
“At least I’m not doing drugs!” comes the reply of most teenagers when they look up from their screens once in a blue moon. Very soon there is going to be a time when we might see people come out of their zones in search of some ‘dhoop’, jadoo style! Sit back, grab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the drama all for free!