They say entrepreneurs belong to a completely different world. Entrepreneurship is hard. You have to put not just your every effort but your soul to build up a company of your own and take it to new heights! Along with the difficulties like confusion, stupidity of customers and an amateur team, there are other things that startup guys have to deal with – the annoying questions and remarks of the society that can totally piss them off!
Here are 10 such things that entrepreneurs are sick of hearing:
1. “Isn’t that too risky?”
By trying to strengthen their argument with statistics like “Only 10% of the world’s population is self employed!” or asking excruciating questions like “Do you think those who have regular jobs are fools?” people never fail to get on the nerves of startup founders. They certainly detest risks but will demotivate someone else who wishes to take them! 😉
2. When people tell you to set up a street food stall as they believe a startup in the food industry will never fail!
Yup, that’s what all the entrepreneurs wanna do. Au revoir proficiency!
3. Statements like “It must be cool to be your own boss. You can do whatever you want!”
Exactly! They can drink all night and sleep all day! Nothing to worry about. Life couldn’t be better!
4. Comments like “Entrepreneurship is just a synonym of unemployment”.
Really good awareness about the world!
5. When your parents and old aunties and uncles in your family ask you “Beta tum shaadi kyu nahi kar lete?”
What’s the next stop after completing your education? Marriage. Don’t you even dare of thinking something else!
6. When people pressurize you to take up a job by talking about your future family!
You’ll have sons and daughters some day. What if your startup can’t pay their school fees? Just focus on negativity. Don’t you dare think anything positive!
7. Hearing things like “Aaj kal competition bohot hai! Tumhara chance nahi hai zaada.”
Okay so when exactly was the time when competition kam tha?
8. When their girlfriend/ boyfriend keep complaining about their startup life!
Questions like, “Do you think you are the only one who is busy?” or “Is your startup more important than our relationship?” make a startup founder literally breathe fire!
9. “What if you fail?”
Really???? Good lord! Entrepreneurs are totally oblivious to the fact that they might fail. By asking this question people are really doing them a huge favour!
10. And finally, “Are you going to be the next Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckerberg?”
Entrepreneurship is an amazing journey, even if most of the people fail to understand it! Being an entrepreneur means going against herd mentality and trusting your instincts to do something crazy. So ignore the world folks, go as wild as you can and regret nothing!